Fri Feb 01 11:22:00 GMT-05:00 2019
Following an assessment of the work being carried out at the Stamp Duty and Transfer Tax Office, located at 111 Harbour Street, Kingston, Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) wishes to advise the public that that Office will remain closed on Friday February 1, 2019. The continued closure is necessary to complete clean-up operations, following emergency remedial work undertaken over the past two days, to address conditions due to a recent flooding.
Temporary measures that had been implemented will remain in effect, with additional services being made available, as follows:
1. All payments are to be made at Cashier 1, located on the ground floor of the Kingston Revenue Service Centre (KRSC), 1 – 3 King Street.
2. All authentication i.e. barcoding, sealing and delivery of the documents will be conducted on the ground floor of the KRSC, 1- 3 King Street.
3. Cross Stamping will be conducted from the 4th Floor Conference Room, KRSC, 1 – 3 King
4. Express documents e.g. Ministers license, court documents, powers of attorney, deed poll etc., will be processed at the Taxpayer Registration Centre (TRC), Shops 26 and 27 Kingston Mall.
5. Normal and Property Assessment at the TRC Office, Shops 26 and 27, Kingston Mall
During the temporary closure of the ‘Stamp Office’, customers may call 876-838-3295, 876-545-
5153, 876-545-5187, or 876-545-5150 to speak with senior officers from the unit.
The public is again reminded that customers can make payments for stamp matters at any Tax Office or online via the TAJ Tax Portal at www.jamaicatax.gov.jm, once a case number has been assigned. Additionally, the usual Stamp services are still available at the May Pen Tax Office and the Montego Bay Revenue Service Centre.
Tax Administration Jamaica apologizes for any inconvenience that this closure may cause.
Persons may contact the TAJ Customer Care Centre at 888-Tax-Help (888-829-4357) toll-free for further information or assistance.