Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) is advising taxpayers that the limit of its Electronic Bank Payment facility has been increased. This means, customers making Direct Debit payments online via the TAJ tax payment portal will now be able to make payments of up to $99,999,999 within a 24 hour period. Please note, this payment option only applies to holders of a Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) account at this time.
Electronic Bank Payment represents a payment option which utilizes the Direct Debit functionality, to facilitate the electronic transfer of funds from the customer’s bank account to Tax Administration Jamaica’s bank account. Customers must have a TAJ eServices account, then proceed to select the “Electronic Bank Payment” option, and then fill in the required fields to complete the transaction.
The increase in the Electronic Bank Payment ceiling will provide benefits to customers in the following ways:
- Easy and convenient, payments can be made anytime 24hrs a day
- More efficient payment option compared to manual Direct Banking or inline payment which involves high processing overhead
- Electronic payment receipt is issued immediately once transaction is completed
- Transactions executed via this medium are posted automatically overnight without need for human intervention
- Saves time and money given that costs associated with traditional payment options (cash/cheque etc.) are avoided
Customers are reminded that the TAJ payment facility provides a fast, user-friendly and secure method of making tax payments online. These payments include:
- GCT/SCT/GCT Withholding
- Income Tax (Individual & Company)
- Guest Accommodation Room Tax
- Special Telephone Call Tax
- Withholding Taxes (Interest, Contractor’s Levy, Dividends, Miscellaneous & Specified Services)
- Environmental Protection Levy
- Payroll Taxes (NHT, NIS, HEART & PAYE)
- Gaming Tax
- Racing/Sports Betting Tax
- Lottery Tax
- Composition Stamp Duty
- Trade and Business Licence
Persons may visit www.jamaicatax.gov.jm to access a “How To” guide which provides userfriendly step by step information to conduct business online with the Tax Authority.
For further information call the Tax Administration Customer Care Centre at 1-888-Tax-Help (1-888-829-4357) or visit the website www.jamaicatax.gov.jm.